Printing rows from report

Options
2»

Comments

• neil.pattinson90956
    Options

Hi Marcin and all

Glad that you got this working but the check box has no discernible effect on my printing.

Attached clearly shows that rows that weren't even on my Report have been included despite the option not to include the columns being ticked.

It may work if I do this from within the Smartsheet itself (Rather than a report based on the Smartsheet) but this is not practical as there are huge variations in the columns to include based on the type of report I am sending, hence why I have set up different reports for each type.

The Google work around is also not an option in my company.

Smartsheet - Please can you provide an update on this enhancement?

Thanks

Neil

Print Issue Smartsheet.PNG

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Neil,

If you haven't already, I'd recommend sending in an Enhancement Request.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• DJB
    DJB ✭✭✭
    edited 03/21/20
    Options

Andree Stara, unfortunately your answers aren't really addressing the question and just adding clutter.

I'd like to echo marcin and neil.pattinson. Any further help or clarification is appreciated. For more info: I built the report in order to suppress certain columns from the main sheet, plus i've hidden columns within the report. However when using the edit, send or print dialogue boxes on a given row, all the columns show up, regardless if the 'include hidden column' box is checked or not. Using the print icon isn't feasible, as i need to print the row vertically, not horizontally, which is the only option presented. It also doesn't address the edit or send dialogues, where the suppressed columns need to remain suppressed.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DJB I'm only trying to be helpful and friendly! I don't agree that my answers aren't addressing the question(s).

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Raúl Yee
    Options

Hello Mr. Stara:

I have some similar questions, that you might be able to answer when printing a row

1. is there a way to decrease the line spacing to a minimum (fit more into one page).
    2. Is there a way to design the print output, so one can use maximum of space in the printed pdf. In the end, I would like the printed PDF to look like a bank form full of data. (similar to adobe acrobat fillable pdf)
    3. Is there a way to hide the blank cells from printing, less space. Only filled cells are printed.

Regards,

Raul

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Raúl Yee

There are a few different print settings you can set up, but I don't believe the ones you have listed are possible. Our Help Center has an image of the different print options (see here).

You could potentially scale the data down, if you want to fit more on one page. If you're still wanting to test, it would be helpful to know a bit more about your specific instance. Could you post a screen capture of the Report you're printing, along with what the PDF Print version looks like, and an explanation of what you want to be different? (But please block out any sensitive data!)

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Raúl Yee

I saw that Genevieve answered already!

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Best,

Andrée