From X to End of column

My sheets have a "header" that serves as a navigation and also serves for the metrics. My problem is that I would like to have the range of a function encompass the entire column (open-end) but i want to be excluding the aforementioned header rows.

I tried thing such as [Column Name]21:[Column Name] in an attempt to splice the two options of range together. The option of working with the CHILDREN function doesn't work either since I am trying to count the contents of parent, children and grandchildren.

If anybody has an idea i haven't tried yet i would be very interested in hearing it.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Georg,

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Georg Auburger
    edited 02/08/19

Hello Andrée,

I am trying to count the number of certain statuses such as: "Not Started", "In Progress", etc. which I are being held in a column formated as a dropdown menu. How ever as can be seen in the screenshot the tasks and their respective statuses are not restricted to one specific level but are spread across Parents, Children and Grandchildren levels. Therefore i cannot count them via the Children function. Furthermore have we built in a header for navigational purposes which should not be included in the counting. This leaves me without the option of using the parent-child relationship nor the [Column Name]:[Column Name] as a range definition. However I don't want to limit the range to a specific Row Number as this would not be a good solution for the long-term self-sufficiency of the worksheet.

Thanks a lot for the quick response!

Best Wishes,

Georg Auburger

Grandchildren.PNG

Header.PNG

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!