Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

percentage

Dieny
Dieny
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi!

How do i make a formula of percentage the same as the basic project with gantt & dependencies sheet, because i wanna see the progress of the task that i have done weekly.

I'm new in this king of stuff please help me.

Thank's in advance!  

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dieny,

I'm not sure if I understand the question. 

In the Basic Project with Gantt & Dependencies template, the % Complete column is not a formula. It is data entered, ideally by the people doing the work.

If you mean how to show the Gantt chart bar 'filling up', make sure the % Complete column is properly selected. You can find the column names and functionality in the Project Settings (from Gantt view, the upper left gear symbol).

The % Complete column is an option and may be not defined correctly if you start from a new sheet template.

Hope this helps.

Craig

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

In the basic project with gantt & dependencies sheet (or any sheet with dependencies enabled) child row percent complete are added manually and parent rows show a weighted average of child row percent complete.

Enabling dependencies, and selecting the correct percent column in project settings (as suggested by Craig) will get you this functionality on any sheet. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well said John.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.