Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Microsoft 365

Irene Plant
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi,

Does anyone know what future integrations there are going to be for Microsoft 365?  

Many thanks,

Irene

Comments

• Hi Irene,

The roadmap page from Jeff is the official source of truth on things we're committed to. As for Office 365, we've recently released the Outlook Add-in and OneDrive and OneDrive for Business is something we're actively working on with Microsoft to bring into the product. We're considering a variety of things related to Office 365 (in fact I'm on Microsoft's campus today to discuss some options).

What Microsoft Office 365 integrations are you looking for?

Scott Willeke | Smartsheet
    Sr. Product Manager, Strategic Integrations 
    scott.willeke@smartsheet.com

• Hi Scott,

We are looking to be able to merge smartsheet data into word similar to google docs and to be able to open and edit a document contained within smartsheets without having to download and re-attach. These are just two points specifically.

Many thanks,

Irene

• Thank you for the feedback Irene. As I understand it you're looking for the same functionality that is availble for the Smartsheet Merge add-in for Google Docs except on Microsoft Word. This is something that we're conidering. If there is more to your request than that please let me know.

Thanks again,

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Scott,

Our use of SS would be greatly enhanced by the editing capability of Word from Smartsheet, as well!

Looking forward to the results of your meeting.

Blessings,

Loann

• Thanks for chiming in Loann! We appreciate the feedback.

• Chris Simmons
    edited 06/20/16

Scott

We are currently testing Smartsheet with migrated Office 365 users, a few requests:

Outlook addin along the toolbar ribbon with the ability to highlight several emails at once and add to smartsheet, or drag and drop functionality. Also integration with SharePoint online and Skype for Business.

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to create a VSTO addin for the other Office products.

On the smartsheet page for Microsoft integration there looks like some great idea's in the "Work Smarter with Microsoft and Smartsheet" video.

Is the product roadmap up to date for Office 365 integration?

• Chris,

Thanks for the feedback.

I hear you on Outlook. We'll take a look at that when we update the Outlook add-in next.

You can view an initial prototype for our Skype for Business intgration at http://www.smartsheet.com/microsoft. This was featured by Microsoft at their Build conference earlier this year. We continue to work closely with the Skype team and while I cannot commit to any firm dates at this time, I'm hopeful we'll deliver a Skype for Business integration by the end of this year. I'm actually talking to some customers to get some feedback on this integration now. I'll reach out via email to set up a time to chat.

We're also considering a few different possible integrations with SharePoint Online. How exactly would you like to see Smartsheet integration with SharePoint?

You expressed general interest in integrations with "other Office products". Which ones and what do you have in mind?

This discussion has been closed.