Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Printing highlighted changes

Options
Peggy Goucher
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello!

How do I print a sheet that has highlighted changes shown? If I send it directly to the printer or export the sheet the highlights disappear. Does it matter if the sheet is "View Only"?

Thanks,

Peggy

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Peggy,

I tested this with a sheet I have view-only privileges and can print to pdf with highlighted changes shown.

It must be something else.

I'm having no problems using Edge or Chrome.

Craig

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

When you print/export a sheet, the result will be however the sheet was at the last save. Because you are a viewer - you cannot save the sheet.

While you are able to turn on highlight changes, you cannot save this setting which is likely why it is not included when your print/export.

Ask someone with Editor, Admin, or Owner permissions on the sheet to enable highlight changes and save the sheet. Once they have done that, try printing/exporting. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Travis! I totally glossed over that. I'm so used to save now, save often, that I did not think about that. Nice one.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.