RYB Formula Help

joe.quinones
joe.quinones ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

I am having issues with developing a formula for an overall status.  What I'm trying to do is based on multiple cell-status(RYB setup column) they will dictate what the overall status column of the project status is. Both columns have gray, red, yellow, and green balls. This is my current formula please help if you can.

=IF(AND([Column4]2,[Column4]4,[Column4]6,[Column4]8 = "Gray", "Gray", IF(AND([Column4]2,[Column4]4,[Column4]6,[Column4]8 = "Red", "Red", IF(AND([Column4]2,[Column4]4,[Column4]6,[Column4]8 = "Yellow", "Yellow", I([Column4]2,[Column4]4,[Column4]6,[Column4]8 = "Green", "Green"))))

Comments

• Roger Koon
    Roger Koon ✭✭✭
    edited 02/07/19

Hi Joe,

If I understand you correctly, you have two status columns to evaluate, with a third column acting as an overall status. If that's the case, you could do something like this:

First column is StatusA

Second column is StatusB

Third column is Overall Status (where the formula goes)

All 3 column types are Symbol.

Formula:

=IF(COUNTIF(StatusA:StatusB, "Red") > 0, "Red", IF(COUNTIF(StatusA:StatusB, "Yellow") > 0, "Yellow", IF(COUNTIF(StatusA:StatusB, "Gray") > 0, "Gray", "Green")))

Since this is evaluated from left to right, red wins, then yellow, then green, and so on.

Cheers,

Roger

• Thank you it worked.

Joe

• Now the issue I'm seeing is when an aspect of a project has let's say three different sections.  The only combination that doesn't show a ball.  Is when I have two red and one green it doesn't show anything. Here is my current formula any advice?

=IF(COUNTIF(Status11:Status13, "Red") = 3, "Red", IF(COUNTIF(Status11:Status13, "Yellow") > 0, "Yellow", IF(COUNTIF(Status11:Status13, "Green") = 3, "Green")))

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

=IF(COUNTIF(Status11:Status13, "Red") > 0, "Red", IF(COUNTIF(Status11:Status13, "Yellow") > 0, "Yellow", "Green"))

Try something like this...

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!