Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Import calendar into Lotus Notes

Options

My organization uses Lotus Notes and I need to be able to sync the Lotus Notes calendar with smart sheet but have not been able to find any information on how to do that.  

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/08/16
    Options

I did not know Lotus Notes was still around.

(That's not intended as snarky, just exposing my ignorance)

Both Lotus Notes and Smartsheet have an API, but I was also not able to find anyone that had published a solution. But since they both have an API, it is likely very possible.

The Smartsheet API is pretty well documented. 

Someone with Lotus Notes API experience would need to provide input on the other side. Or investigation is needed.

Craig

• Daniel Kast
    Options

You can try to connect via an ics link, as described here:

http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/de/portal/articles/775707

With that trick, all tasks from one SmartSheet are visible in the Lotus Notes calendar. I did it on my computer, and now the task even show up on my iPad.

But it doesn't properly filter out all the tasks that are assigned to someone else. So you end up with dozens of task that belong to others.

However, I suspect that your intention is to sync your calendar (with leave entries) or a group calendar with SmartSheet so that resources can work, based on real calendar entries.

We're trying to accomplish that by importing an Excel file with all the leave entries from the entire company (90+ staff). But somehow the names in the imported SmartSheet don't automatically line up with the identical user names in SmartSheet, so there's a lot of manual work involved each time we import the leave file. 

Hopefully there's a solution for that too.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/07/16
    Options

Daniel,

In regards to this:

We're trying to accomplish that by importing an Excel file with all the leave entries from the entire company (90+ staff). But somehow the names in the imported SmartSheet don't automatically line up with the identical user names in SmartSheet, so there's a lot of manual work involved each time we import the leave file.

If it is the same manual effort, it can be automated. I did that with the API on a sheet that was being updated from an external source (via import). Compared existing data to new data and flagged the four types:

1. no change

2. new (in import but not in Smartsheet)

3. deleted (in Smartsheet but not in import)

4. changed (in both)

Took about a week to get up to speed on the Java API, design, build, test it. 

Craig

This discussion has been closed.