Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Change the owner of a workspace

Hi,

It's possible to change the owner of Worksheet.

But is it also possible to change the owner of a Workspace?

kind regards,

Wouter

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wouter,

Yes.

See this article:

http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/506692

In a nutshell, you need to remove the owner and readd them if they need to see the workspace. And everything in the workspace has to be owned by someone else first.

Not fun, but possible.

Craig

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Craig.  Great tip.

I've just created two new dummy workspace owners from my personal accounts.  Now I have three licensed users:  one for USA, one for Europe, and one for Asia.  Making them the owners of these workspaces and sheets means that I still maintain control of the sheets personally, but that now the end users should receive their notifications and such based upon something much closer to their time zone.

HOORAY!!!

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Brad,

That's a neat trick. 

I really hope they strengthen the meaning of the Owner.

Any Admin can pretty much destroy everything and even move everything away so the Owner can not longer access them.

Some will be hard to lock down - especially for developers that think Admin's are king. But some are critical.

I really don't want a hundred different configurations and users, but I also don't want the need to do certain functions (like move or create a column) to be the key the person needs to destroy what someone else has built for them and others.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.