Client dashboards

zenguest
zenguest
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, I'm currently using airtable but thinking of moving to smartsheet.

My specific need is to take the table data (which my team updates 24/7), format it into simple dashboards, and provide those dashboards to clients particularly via mobile device.

With airtable I can display data via mobile devices but not in a dashboard view and not with adequate permission control. 

Essential:

Permission control driving the data appearing in the dashboard, to allow my clients to see their own data and only their own data

I haven't been able to work out whether smartsheet is right for this need - any advice?

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There are ways of publishing dashboards so that clients can view them... publicly on the web, which wouldn't give them access to the granular data on the sheets themselves. I think what you're wanting to do is possible. How is the initial data generated? By you, by your clients? 

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/13/19

Hi,

There are several ways to do what you want.

Depending on how sensitive the information is it could be behind a password in another third-party solution.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mike L.
    Mike L. ✭✭✭

I'd like to piggyback on this and hear more about password protected third party solutions. I have a small workspace with dashboards that allow you to drill through categories to see active company projects. The benefit is to someone in the field who may not actively participate on all projects but can quickly get top level information when meeting with potential clients.  Also available is an attached pdf executive summary for each project. So a public site could work if password protected. 

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mike,

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but you could have specific dashboards for each client with their report(s), and they wouldn't need to be shared to the underlying sheets.

Would that work for you?

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi all—

To echo what other community members have said: dashboards for your clients and stakeholders is the best way to accomplish this.

You can add information (including data from other applications with the web content widget) to your dashboard and share it only with your client without having to share the underlying source sheets and reports to them.

More information on dashboards can be found in our help center: https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/smartsheet-advanced/dashboards-and-portals

You might also want to speak with our Sales team to discuss your needs and work with him on how they can be accomplished: https://www.smartsheet.com/contact-us-sales

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Click on the world icon in the dashboard to publish a view-only version of the dashboard that you can share with your clients which provides no access to underlying sheets. 

2019-03-04_17-06-49.jpg