Prevent the email addresses of group members to show up in the "to" field of the received email

Paperplane
edited 04/12/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there a way to restrict Smartsheet from including the email addresses of everyone in a group to whom a form link was emailed to? In other words, is there a way to prevent the email addresses of everyone to whom the webform link was emailed to, to show up in the "to" field of the received email which was emailed out via smartsheet?

I don't want anyone to know who else received the link to the form. Some people might get upset if their email address is now visible to everyone else who also received the email, as they might feel their privacy was violated. This is especially important when you want to use a Smartsheet form to conduct a survey.

For a bit more clarity, does Smartsheet have a BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) option to send out a link to a webform?

Please help.

Answers

• Hello,

BCC or a similar feature isn't built into Smartsheet.

One thing that you might consider here is to copy the form link and paste it in your email client (gmail, outlook, etc.) then manually send an email to everyone, BCCing them all, outside of the Smartsheet app.

When you have a moment, please also submit an enhancement request through the feedback form under Quick links on the right of the community site.

• This seems like an easy thing to fix and a lot of people need it. I'm trying to send out bid packages and I can't send to competing subcontractors, without sending separate emails. That's really a hassle. I'd also like to send out a not to everyone with a new plan set or update saying "hey everyone, here's a updated version of plans". But I don't want all everyone to now have everyone else's email.

You already have the "cc yourself" check box, so the coding is probably already close. Just create a "bcc" option and we'd all be much more productive!

Thanks for listening. ~mh