Dashboard Auto Counter - Help Please

Options
Steve Hooper
Steve Hooper ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have created a dashboard that I want to display the number of ideas created (and maybe count how many in each status). I am using a widget to link to a value in a sheet. My sheet I am linking to is called 'Summary Metrics'. 

I have an idea tracker (simple grid sheet), that has a Status column with eg: 4 status options. Let's call this one 'IDEAS Sheet'.

I have another sheet doing a COUNTIF, to count how many ideas are in what status. Let's call this sheet 'Summary Metrics'. This is the sheet the dashboard is linking to with a Metrics widget.

I added a new idea, but the dashboard did not reflect the new count (from 1 to 2). I opened the 'Summary Metrics' sheet and noticed that the counter updated. I deliberately did not save the sheet as I don't want people to have to go into the summary metrics sheet to have it auto calculate.

Does anyone know if I am doing anything incorrectly to get my dashboard to update. 

One other thing, I added the first idea directly in the IDEAS Sheet, the second idea I added by the dashboard, using embedded form code from the IDEAS Sheet. When adding the second IDEA, I opened the IDEAS sheet and the idea was created correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smartsheet had a linking issue yesterday (the day of your post). That may have been the issue.

Feb 21, 2019

Sheet link delay

Resolved - This incident has been resolved. 

Feb 21, 23:08 PST

Monitoring - The backlog of cell link updates has fully recovered. We are monitoring to ensure continued stability of this feature. 

Feb 21, 19:15 PST

Identified - We have identified the cause of these cell link delays and have implemented a fix. The backlog of cell link updates is quickly recovering. 

Feb 21, 18:35 PST

Update - We are continuing to investigate delays in sheet links. Further updates will be posted as status changes. 

Feb 21, 18:00 PST

Update - We are continuing to investigate delays in sheet links. 

Feb 21, 17:19 PST

Investigating - Cell link processing is currently delayed. We are investigating and will provide an update within the next 30 minutes. 

Feb 21, 16:38 PST

Monitoring - The backlog of cell link updates is fully recovered. We are monitoring to ensure continued stability of this feature. 

Feb 21, 15:19 PST

Identified - We believe to have identified the cause of these cell link delays and have implemented a fix. The backlog of cell link updates is recovering; we expect to be caught up within the next two hours. 

Feb 21, 14:50 PST

Update - We're continuing to investigate delays in sheet links.

We've isolated the issue and confirmed this is only impacting sheets with cell links. 

Feb 21, 14:01 PST

Update - We are continuing to investigate delays in sheet links. 

Feb 21, 13:00 PST

Investigating - Our monitoring systems have detected a possible delay in sheet link updates. We are investigating and will provide an update within the next 30 minutes. 

Feb 21, 12:32 PST