Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Creating multiple row entries from one submitted web form?

JLC
JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Back with (what I believe to be) another obscure question that I don't know how to search for nor find an answer to. I'm attempting to work around the issue of not being able to have more than two dates in a row - we run news stories to multiple audiences so would prefer to have one row for each story, with up to ~10 date columns to tell us when it hits specific audiences. Since this is not possible, I'm hoping to find another solution that would prevent me from having to create 10 different rows for each date a news story is going out. Is there a formula that could help me split out/duplicate a web form entry? I currently have the form set up with 10 date fields, each corresponding to the audience type. In a perfect world I'd like a way to duplicate the entry X amount of times depending on the selected dates. IE: submitted form "News story 1" is going to Audience A 01/02/17, Audience B 01/03/17, Audience C 01/04/17. The submitted form gets duplicated three times into three seperate rows...one with a start date of 01/02/17, one with a start date of 01/03/17, and the last with a start date of 01/04/17. Is this something Smartsheet could do? Happy to read other suggestions, but unfortunately the brilliant suggestions I've already received to work around the two dates-only rule won't find our business needs. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• KrisWalsh
    KrisWalsh ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing you want ALL the dates to show up in the Gantt & Calendar views individually.

If you're okay with only the First & Last days showing up on the calendar, you could use a MIN formula in the Start column & MAX formula in the End column.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=f34df7e0ef7b44bdab2f2fb6e4ed8ed4

Start Column - Row 2: =MIN($[Drop1]2:$[Drop10]2)

End Column - Row 2: =MAX($[Drop1]2:$[Drop10]2)

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I got a notification that there was a response to this from a KrisWalsh, but can't seem to see it now. Hoping it just ddn't go through and that somebody does indeed have a solution? :D

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can see KrisWalsh's response. Are you able to, Jaye?

You might be able to do this with Zapier. The Zap could be, when a new row is added, copy the data from these cells and create a new row in the sheet. You would need a separate Zap for each additional row you want to create. 

This discussion has been closed.