Dashboard vs Master Calendar vs Sights ?

JulieL
JulieL
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi

Trying to step away from excel, I am fairly new at using smartsheet and am looking for the best way to view simultaneously multiple sheet to better manage the deadlines of our projects. Being an expeditor, dates are the driving factor to help me guide the multi-disciplinary teams.

Since we have multiple deadlines through each project,  conception, drafting, manufacturing, assembly and delivery (adding a few invoicing stages to that) I am looking for the best tool to help me manage the multiple projects schedules. 

Browsing the different comments on Dashboard Gantt/calendar or Master Calendar and event Sights, each have features suitable but seem complicated/lengthy to set up and update from a beginners point of view.

As we have approx 10 project/sheets running at a time with 40 or so steps to follow (assigned to individuals), before linking 400+ cells, which tool do you suggest would be more suitable to have a quick (or detailed) overview of the projects deadlines by date/action/team member?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Julie

Comments