Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Adding a licensed user - 1 at a time?

Options
Loann McGee
Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Good afternoon,

In the recent past, we have added one licensed user to our existing account. However, another area in our non-profit, who have their own separate licensed account, have been told they have to purchase 3 licenses at a time to keep the "grandfathered" licese price.

On our account, when I click "Upgrade" it allows me to select one additional license at a time for purchase. Our account is the first that was purchased for our non-profit, so we're the oldest of the accounts.

Help?

Blessings,

Loann

Comments

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/23/16
    Options

Loann,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you needing help on how to do an upgrade or why your accounts allow "one" or "three" at time?

thanks,

Tim

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tim,

In the past, once we purchased our initial team license, we've been able to add additional licenses one at a time, as needed.

However, another dept within our non-profit, who also has a team license (but separate from ours), has been told that they have to purchase additional licenses in groups of three in order to keep the legacy pricing. 

I'm unaware of "legacy" pricing, as our account shows I can add additional licenses one at a time, and not in groups of three. Since our account is the oldest, if the constraint of purchasing in groups of three is in effect, I'd think it would affect our account, as well.

Feel free to contact me via email if this needs to be taken offline. ;-)
    Blessings,
    Loann

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Loann,

I would contact your Account Manager or Sales directly and speak to them to fully understand the legacy pricing and adding 1 vs 3 licenses. 

I've been told we are on a "legacy" account so it appears SS is doing like many companies will do when they roll out a new pricing structure.  They "grandfather" in the older pricing and have these on legacy rates with certain restraints.

But I'm not sure of why the difference in 1 vs 3 in your situation.

Tim

tim

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.