Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Report Builder - sheet won't pull if cell format is drop-down

Options

I've built a report with criteria to pull Category field if it contains 'security'.  If I format this field as a drop-down, the report won't pull the sheet.  If I switch to Text format for the field, the sheet pulls into the report. 

Tags:

Comments

• Zack S
    Zack S Employee
    edited 02/26/16
    Options

Hello Catharine, 

If you are using the Contains type of requirement, this won't work on a Drop Down field, which is likely why the rows aren't being pulled. The Contains rule is built for Text/Number columns. Please verify that the column is set up as a drop down column > delete the rule from the report building looking for Security, and then re-create the rule. When you re-create the rule and point to that column, it should give you an option to specifically select which drop down options you want to pull in. 

If the report is still having troubles, please email support@smartsheet.com and we can help troubleshoot that way. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

-Zack

This discussion has been closed.