Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Using API to merge an attachment from Smartsheets into a Google Doc?

Options
Julie Murphy
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Has anyone used the API to merge the attachments in a row into a Google Doc along with the information in the row?  I have used the merge and created a template which merged the info in my rows into a beautiful form and emailed it for me, but I also need to pull out the attachments that are included in that row and send them with the merged doc.  I am not super IT-savvy, so I'm hesitant to get into the API without some guidance. 

Comments

• Atus Bartal
    Atus Bartal ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dear Julie,

I often use the Drive-Smartsheet merge add-on. Actually, there is no option to attach anything to the outgoing email with the file merged. It is designed to create documents (PDF and GDoc at the moment) from many records in a database, i.e. Smartsheet. The option is to attach these docs to Smartsheet records (which is really cool), not to pull them out from there. 

However, this functionality woudl be fine, so I would be glad to hear I am not right :)

Atus

This discussion has been closed.