Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Visual Symbols

Ray Rios
Ray Rios
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi Smartsheet,

I was wondering if there was a way to possible change the colors of a visual symbol? For example. Instead of using Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, we want to use Red, Yellow, Gray, Blue to indicate priority.

Or is there a way to create a different type of "Priority" symbol like Red with the #1 inside of it, Yellow with the #2 inside of it.

Example:

Image result for Number in a circle

Comments

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/09/16

Hi Ray, while I understand your need to have this as an enhancement request, you might in a pinch be able to work around this. If you create the visual symbols you want and save them to your computer you could add them as an image in a cell. A little more time consuming, but not that much! You'd right-click the cell, "Insert Image..." > "Upload from computer..." and find your saved image. Hope that helps!

3-9-2016 10-12-34 AM.png

• Christian A Jensen
    edited 03/09/16

I'm with Ray, i.e. it would be nice to place images in a folder and be able to pull them down (like we do with the Harvey Balls), but by pointing to the folder, those populate the pull down.

Thanks Jaye for the work around. This will get me by.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

This wont have a symbol but you could use a Dropdown List with all your options as predetermined values. Apply a background color through conditional formatting rules when an option is selected. 

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 2.23.46 PM.png

This discussion has been closed.