Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Gantt chart changes to quarters instead of months when printed

Options
gfcu
gfcu
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

How do I export to pdf and show months instead of quarters?  I am only seeing my gantt chart as quarters. 

Comments

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/10/16
    Options

gfcu...

read here: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/765675

In the Gantt View, a divider splits the screen between grid columns and the Gantt chart. This divider can be dragged to the right or left to widen the display of either section.

Across the top of the Gantt chart, an adjustable Primary and Secondary Timelineallows you to display your tasks using different units of time. Clicking on the Zoom In orZoom Out icons just below the timeline will toggle through different timeline displays.

TIP: Click the gear icon  in the Gantt chart's header to access the Project Settingswhere you can edit the Timeline Display. From here, you can specify parameters for the Primary and Secondary Heading (such as the date and week name format), select a column from the Display Label drop-down to set the text displayed next to each task bar in the Gantt chart, and choose whether the chart should open to today's date.

• gfcu
    Options

My problem is when I export to pdf, the timeline changes to Quarters, not months.  I need to show months on the pdf. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

gfcu,

I have been unable to reproduce the problem.

I have a schedule spanning 9 months and when it is zoomed in (to days) or out (to weeks or months), it shows the same in the exported PDF (and PNG image)

I have played with the the date ranges, the orientation, the scaling, without seeing a problem.

Have you changed any of the Export configuration items? At this point, I'm just shotgunning and have come up empty.

Craig

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Are you an Editor on the sheet? Editors cannot save Gantt settings and when you export the sheet to a PDF, Smartsheet exports the most recently saved version.

You might change the setting in the sheet, but if you are not an Admin or Owner, it will not save and in turn will not export. 

• HJB
    Options

I love Smartsheet and I'm spreading it around Switzerland by inviting customers to collaborate on the respective Project Sheets.

Most of the persons we invited have Editor Status, not admin, logically. Many of them have already wasted time (theirs and mine) by not being able to print the scale (month/quarter) that they decided is best for printing according to the preview. Their preview shows one thing, the printer the prints something entirely different, without any explanation at all. Everybody is baffled, they try two, three times more and then give up. All it does, is make a lot of potential future customers upset. I can see absolutely no point or necessity to handle printing this way. Or am I missing something?

This discussion has been closed.