Feature Request - Cell History Graph

Options
jclark
jclark ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

For all of my projects I need to track the overall % complete for the project and individual areas. I currently have Smartsheet calculating this information and displaying as a % in a cell, but I would like to be able to show how the % complete has trended over time. Is there a way to show the individual cell history as a graph (change in cell value over time)? All of the data is already in Smartsheet within the cell history, but I have not found a way to show the trend without manually pulling the data from either cell history or saved versions of the sheet. 

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

A possible workaround could be to use a third-party solution like Zapier or similar to copy the row when the % Complete changes and then use it to show on a dashboard.

Would that work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are each of the individual rows tracking a percent complete, or are you using other data (complete vs incomplete) to calculate the overall percentage?

I have a lot of sheets that require start and finish dates for thousands of rows of tasks. I use a Metrics Tracking sheet to pull how many are complete out of the total in comparison to the start and finish dates like so...

1/1/2019

1/2/2019

1/3/2019

1/4/2019

I then use a COUNTIFS to pull a number from how many tasks have a finish date within the specified range and divide that by the total to get my percentage. I then use that table to build a chart on a dashboard for an easier to read visual reference.

In the screenshots below you will see that I use Project Week Number, but each of those week numbers has an actual date associated to it elsewhere on the sheet.

Community.PNG

Community2.PNG