Resource Allocation – Multiple Task owners in one Task

SBash
SBash ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

How can I allocate the resources in single task when I have multiple task owners or multiple Task managers?

• How can i allocate the hours based on individual manager?

Best Regards

Saqib

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Saqib,

To use Resource Allocation for multiple people for one task you'd need to have the task on multiple rows.

Would that work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• We need this functionality - I have tasks in my plan that involve more than one resource, for instance, a meeting. If I have a kickoff meeting, I want to show who has to take time to attend that meeting. My plan is already 900+ lines, I would be challenged to repeat a task 5-6 times just to account for the time everyone takes to do that task.

I would like Smartsheet to adjust duration (not work) when I add a second or third resource to the one task. This would save so much time.

I understand if I add more than one resource to a task, it negates tracking time at all.

Thank you

• Kalen
    Kalen ✭✭

I agree with Mary, this would be a valuable feature and something that most other scheduling tools offer (e.g. MS Project). It would be necessary however to allow for the effort (i.e. hours) of each stakeholder to be adjustable. The sum total could then be shown in the main schedule view.