Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Conditional Formatting based on a cell text formatting

Options
Zhana Morris
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello hive mind. I am familiar with IF statements and Conditional Formatting, but I am not seeing a way with either of those for the followng. 

I would like to set a Conditional Formatting Rule to highlight a row to a certain color if the text in a particular cell is in bold.

There does not seem to be a way with Cond. Form. to have bold as the criteria by which you set a rule so I tried to use an IF statement by creating a check box column and putting a logic statement that says (basically) IF the text in that cell is bold, check this box so I could then do Cond. Formatting to change the row color if the box was checked.  But there does not seem to be a way to put into words the idea of "is bold" as a criteria.

Any thoughts would be apreciated.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Formatting is not currently something we (the users) can handle programmatically within Smartsheet. The March update of Zapier had something they call "Formatter" but I haven't played with it yet. It CAN format things but I don't yet know if it KNOWS that things are formatted. Usually*, text is just text between programs. 

Craig

* By usually, I mean I guess.

• Zhana Morris
    Options

Thank you.  I guess that does make sense from a programming persepective, I was just hoping I was wrong. :-)

This discussion has been closed.