Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Web Form - Can you add the discussion column as a direct field.

Scott Lynch
Scott Lynch ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi All,

When creating web forms is it possible to add the disscussion column directly onto the form rather than creating a seperate "comment" column for potential user responses. Reasons being, even with min 3 lines of text allowed in the comment box, its can still make a master sheet look messy and confusing with merged text fields and different sized rows. Especially when working from smaller laptop screens or smaller monitors.

Also if the user has more to write than the web form allows. i.e You may not want to give them any further access than a web form? but they may want to copy and paste an email rather than adding it as an attachment.

Regards

Scott

Tags:

Comments

• Hi Scott!

I can see that this is an older post but I wanted to make sure you got your question answered. There isn't a way to add what is now called the Comments column (previously called the Discussions column) as a field in a web form but I'll pass your feedback for this along to our Product team for further consideration.

With that being said, you can change your multi-lined field to a single-lined field by editing its Field Options. Details on this are available in our Help Center: http://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522221-using-web-forms#createform

This discussion has been closed.