Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Using reports in Sights Metric Widget

Options
Mehmet Kilic
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi,

Is there way we can use Reports within a the Metric Widget in Sights? I have a set up where I am trying to display "Counselor of the Day" in this widget, but my only option is to use the sheet as a source. When I do this, the link to the source cell is static and It only points to the cell that was initially selected. I am trying to make this a dynamic/live widget, where it would show the current dates assigned counselor.

I thought this would be a relatively easy task via report as the source, as I would filter the report to current date, but i realized I can not use reports as source in the Metric widget...Any ideas how I can accomplish this in Sights via the metric widget?

Comments

• Daniel Stein
    Options

Hi Mehmet,

It sounds like the easiest way to accomplish this would be to create a new report that has only the information you need (e.g. today's date and the assigned counselor) and display it in a Report widget.

The reason Metric widgets can't point to a report is that there isn't a good way to designate exactly which value from the report you would want to see if rows were dynamically added or removed from the report.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

This discussion has been closed.