Work Flow - Clone to another worksheet

Work Flow - Clone to another worksheet

edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet

I LOVE the work flows!!! But I have 15 facilities and 15 of the same worksheets. Is it possible to:

1. Clone the work flow from one worksheet to another

or

2. print the work flow so i can enter the same verbiage & flow in all the sheets.

While I am here - is it possible to send an Update Request WITH an attachment?

thanks!

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Beth,

1. Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment but it's a great idea.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.
    2. Same as 1. As a workaround, you could take screenshots and create an SOP manual.
    3. Yes

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

• Mike WildayMike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, please submit an enhancement request. Creating multiple workflows is a nightmare when you have to mirror it over multiple sheets. 

• Enhancement submitted! I'll keep working on my test work sheet in hopes that this would be an easy in the next few months!

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on the other similarities between the sheets... Have you thought about just using "Save as new" and then tweaking the sheet instead of having to replicate the same workflow?

• The work sheets are already created.

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah. Go figure. Disregard then. Haha.

• I am running into this same issue. I have 12 sheets already in use and have to modify several workflows in each sheet every time we make a change to a workflow. It's extremely time consuming and mistake prone. It would be immensely helpful to be able to create/edit a workflow and then assign it to multiple sheets at a time. If I duplicate a sheet for just the workflows then I lose all the data already entered by team members on existing sheets and I have to fix over 100 links to reports and dashboards.

I will submit a feature enhancement request as well. Love the workflows but they are difficult to manage once everything is created.

• Agreed! I have 70 Smartsheets and I need to create the exact same workflow is each :( Turning on a 1.5 hr music playlist as a goal.