Work Flow - Clone to another worksheet

Elizabeth Aird
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I LOVE the work flows!!! But I have 15 facilities and 15 of the same worksheets. Is it possible to:

1. Clone the work flow from one worksheet to another

or

2. print the work flow so i can enter the same verbiage & flow in all the sheets.

While I am here - is it possible to send an Update Request WITH an attachment?

thanks!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Beth,

1. Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment but it's a great idea.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.
    2. Same as 1. As a workaround, you could take screenshots and create an SOP manual.
    3. Yes

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, please submit an enhancement request. Creating multiple workflows is a nightmare when you have to mirror it over multiple sheets. 

• Enhancement submitted! I'll keep working on my test work sheet in hopes that this would be an easy in the next few months!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on the other similarities between the sheets... Have you thought about just using "Save as new" and then tweaking the sheet instead of having to replicate the same workflow?

thinkspi.com

• The work sheets are already created.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ah. Go figure. Disregard then. Haha.

thinkspi.com

• Mark Vesterby
    Mark Vesterby ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am running into this same issue. I have 12 sheets already in use and have to modify several workflows in each sheet every time we make a change to a workflow. It's extremely time consuming and mistake prone. It would be immensely helpful to be able to create/edit a workflow and then assign it to multiple sheets at a time. If I duplicate a sheet for just the workflows then I lose all the data already entered by team members on existing sheets and I have to fix over 100 links to reports and dashboards.

I will submit a feature enhancement request as well. Love the workflows but they are difficult to manage once everything is created.

• Agreed! I have 70 Smartsheets and I need to create the exact same workflow is each :( Turning on a 1.5 hr music playlist as a goal.