Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sheet scalability

Ian
Ian
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have a sheet that I built for year-end performance reviews.

The sheet is designed for one person.

My company has 50+ employees and it would be great if I can run some sort of macro/app that would take the sheet and replicate it 50 times with each sheet adding a new name from a contact list.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian

Comments

• You may want to consider turning your sheet into a form.  Seeing an example would be helpful.  

I have seen a Zapier (I believe) that generates a new sheet based on a trigger as well.  

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ian,

I am with Sarah, change the sheet to be for multiple people, do not share but send then the web form.  If you want Conditional branching create a Google form which allows it anf it will create the smartsheet.

Use oogle docs to mail merge reports to document or PDF

Much better that 1 sheet per person.

James

• Each person has different goals on their performance reviews, so a webform wouldn't work

• Travis
    Travis Employee

This is definitely something Zapier and Azuqua can do! They can create sheets based off a trigger (such as adding data to a row). Once set up, if you add 50 names to 50 rows, 50 sheets could be created with the respective name included in each new sheet.

zapier.com

azuqua.com

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/07/16

For my team, I created one sheet for me and the build a Report for each team member to view.

I would Save-New to keep the completed reviews and cleanup the sheet for the next period.

But I only had 12 reports.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.