Create a Link to A Filtered Sheet

06/08/19 Edited 12/09/19

Does anyone know of a way to link to a filtered sheet? I want to create a number of links on a dashboard which when clicked on will show the same smart sheet but with a different filter applied.

e.g. I could have a link that says "Red items" and another that says "Blue Items"  the interaction on the link would be to open the another smartsheet with the saved filter "Red Items" or "Blue Items" applied automatically...

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/09/19

Hi,

Yes, if you select the filter that you want to be applied and then copy the URL and use that as the link on the dashboard, it will open with the filterer view.

Another way could be to create different reports instead. What would work best depends on your specific workflow and need.

Would that work?

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Hi Andree, I think that will do it thank you.

It would be nice if it was listed as a smartsheet item when linking from a dashboard.

Kind regards.. Ben

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

To be able to select the filter as part of the item would be a significant enhancement! Great idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.