Use data from a form field in the alert email title.

Use data from a form field in the alert email title.

edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet

Setting up an alert system that sends out notifications when a form has been completed.

To streamline the process I would like to use a field from the form in the email title to differentiate between the emails rather than a range of emails with the same title.

Is that possible and if so, how?

Cheers

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/13/19

Hi Roderick,

Yes, it's possible!

You'd use placeholders for that.

Something like: New form submitted: {{Column Name For the Field you want to include in the subject}}

More info: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2477796-dynamically-add-cell-data-in-the-subject-and-body-of-request-messages

Did it work?

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

Screenshot of Google Chrome (2019-06-13, 08-59-57).png

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

As a note: Placeholders will only work if the notification is being sent "Right Away".

• Has this feature been disabled? I tried using placeholders and it doesn't seem to work.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dan Soto

No! What happens? What are you trying to do?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Best,

Andrée Starå