Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet Reports going directly into a sheet as an attachment

Options
Irene Plant
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi, I wondered if anyone knew how to upload a report directly into a new sheet? At the moment I email the report that I have run and add that report as an attachment to another one of my sheets, is there a way this can be done missing out the email link? I'd love to run the report as an excel document and attach it to my sheet without having to manually upload it.

Many thanks,

Comments

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its possible you could build a custom solution that does this, using the API but that would require development work on your end. You can always export the sheet to Excel rather than emailing it to yourself. 

• Irene Plant
    Options

Thanks for the reply, do you have any more info on building a custom solution, I have it emailed as a weekly recurrence to someone else. They then upload it to another sheet as an attachment so if there is a custom solution that sends the excel version of the report directly to another sheet as an attachment that would be great? 

This discussion has been closed.