Update Alerts - Automation Workflow - Trying to Simplify

Sinema
Sinema ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Greetings,

I've created a tracking system and it's slowly coming together; however, one of the steps in my system is to send update requests to specific people based on the "Category" selected and based on the "Status" change.

If the "Communication" category is selected and the status is "Green" it would contact person 1, if the status changes to "Yellow" it would contact person 1 and person 2, if the status goes to "Red" it would contact person 1, person 2, and person 3.

Right now I'm creating an Automation Workflow to identify when a row has been added or changed and the category has changed to "Communications" it will contact Person 1. (this takes care of green)

I have also added the Automation Workflow to identify when a row has been added or changed and the Category is "Communication" and the status is Yellow, it contacts person 1 and person 2.

I have also added the Automation Workflow to identify when a row has been added or changed and the Category is "Communication" and the status is "Red" it will contact person 1, person 2, and person 3.

I'm just wondering if there was something a bit more easier that I can do as I have many categories to do this for.

Comments