Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Uploading Attachments

Henry Fitts
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I have a file that contains three worksheets. I can upload attachments to any part of two of the worksheets, however one sheet will not allow me to upload attachments. The attacment icon is grayed out.

What might be causing this situation? I am an Editor. Smartcheet is loadeed on Google Chrome.

Any ideas??

Tags:

Comments

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is this a sheet you have editor/Admin rights to? If not, you can request access to do so. 

Blessings,

Loann

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Are you able to make other changes in the sheet? Could you show us a screenshot of how the attachment icon is greyed out?

• I AM an Editor on the file in question. There are three or four other worksheets in this file. The challenge with uploading attachments only occurs on the one sheet. I sent a screenshot of the page with the dropdown and greyed out icon by return email to you.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Thanks for posting the screenshot. It looks like this is a report and you are unable to attach a file to a specific sheet that is included in the report. Go to the sheet that row is pulled from and check your sharing permission. Also check that the sheet is still active and editable 

• Loann. Travis,

Thanks for your assistance. You were correct on permissions as the root cause of the problem. The permissions on that one particular sheet were set as "viewer", while all other sheets were set as "editor". We have corrected the settings and eveything is functioning properly.

Thanks again,

Henry

This discussion has been closed.