Building a Q&A sheet

Julie Castell
Julie Castell ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Are there any templates for building an FAQ database?

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Julie,

Unfortunately, as far as I've seen, there isn't. I have a simple one and, I'd be happy to share it with you.

Email me at andree@getdone.se, and I'll share it.

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Has a smartsheet-originated template or solution been created between the time of this question (2019) and now (2021)?

I've tried searching google and smartsheet. I am not finding anything, though perhaps I am not using the proper key phrases that would help me find it. Thank you!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Dana Vincent

Smartsheet's solution center doesn't currently have a specific template for a Q&A sheet. However, the RFP Management Template Set does have a "Responses and Assets by Category" sheet which could be used as a starting point if that would work for you? It may be more complex than what you need, though.

Can you describe your current process a bit more, or what you are looking to do?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi @Dana Vincent,

I'm not sure if you're still looking for a solution 1.25 years later, but I was recently looking for the same thing. After playing around with things for a bit, I was able to wrestle some FAQs into a report using the format below:

The way I did it was to build the report to only show the Primary Column (containing the answers), and then group first by Category and then by Question. Here's the source Smartsheet:

Note that in the report, I renamed the Primary Column to "FAQs".

Also note that in the screenshot, "Field Question 1" is collapsed - you can collapse/expand by question and/or by Category using this layout.

Hope this helps!