Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Suggestions? How to manage/track the Smartsheet workspaces and sheets?

Jim Jeffcoat
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Our SS environment is growing rapidly. Any suggestions or tips when it comes to managing all the sheets. I'm thinking about building a sheet registration Smartsheet that captures who reuested the sheet, when, purpose, department, owner.....etc.... 

Has anyone done anything like this in the past?

Thanks

Jim

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Jim,

A System Admin can download the Sheet Access Report (via User Management).

While it lists all sheets by who has access to them, what I use it for (or did so in the past) is to get a list of all the sheets.

Unfortunately, it does not list the structure (workspace/folder) but it is a start.

This will also tell you who owns each sheet.

It is very easy to let the cleanup duties slide (I am constantly fighting this battle until I start running out of sheets again).

Another thing I do is have a single sheet for each project / client that describes what the sheets/templates/report are intended to do, why they are there, and if they are likely to be something that will be temporary.

I hope this helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.