Sorted column keeps resetting

Options
kkey
kkey ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

We're using forms to gather requests into a smartsheet and the default sort should show the newest request first. There is a Created (Date) System column in order to sort by newest received but the sort continues to glitch each time the sheet is closed and it defaults to sort oldest to newest. 

This is creating some formatting inconsistencies since new requests take on the formatting of the below rows when they come in.

Has anyone else had this issue? Have any advice?

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to have the sheet auto sort at the moment, but it's a great idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

As a possible workaround, you could maybe use reports instead.

Would that work?

Regarding formatting consistency, are you placing new rows at the top or bottom?

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Within your form options have you set the new entries to be stored at the top of the sheet?  This should resolve this issue for you without the need for sorting.

Screen shot added for reference.

Kind regards

Debbie Sawyer Consultant & Training Manager

Form Options.jpg

• kkey
    kkey ✭✭
    Options

Thanks! Yes, we have it set to place the new requests at the top of the sheet but then they are interspersed with the older requests.

I have a different sheet that utilizes the same function and there seems to be zero issues with that one resorting after we log off...

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/10/19
    Options

ooh - that does sound odd.

I wonder why it is doing it.  I would be more than happy to connect with you on a Zoom call so you can show me the sheet and we can investigate what is happening together.  my email address is debbie.sawyer@smarterbusinessprocesses.com if you'd like a call.

I am intruiged :)  I cannot reproduce the issue on my sheet!  I would love to help you get to the bottom of it.  I am sure there is an explanation somewhere!

Kind regards

Debbie

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Happy to help!

Are you using any filters?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• BillyW
    BillyW ✭✭
    Options

I am encountering the same behavior as KKey in this post has described. I see this post is a few years old... is there a resolution?