Rounding Down a Start Date

lloyd
lloyd
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, I'm seeking to round down a start date so it begins at the beginning of that day.  Within my project plan, there are a number of partial day tasks (0.25d, 0.50d) that influence the successors, resulting in "Start Dates" being midday.  I'd like to round down the start date so that a simple 1.0d duration starts and finishes in the same day?  Apart from manually adjusting the task to 0.75d or 0.50d, is there another solution?  Thank you very much in advance for your suggestions.  

Comments

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee
    edited 07/15/19

Hi Lloyd,

The length of each working day is taken into consideration when calculating dates of tasks. For example, if the length of the day is set to 8 hours and a task takes 9 hours to complete, the end date will be moved into the next day.

If you're the sheet owner or shared to the sheet with Admin permissions, you could change the length of the day by right clicking any column header and selecting Edit Project Settings.

If needed, more information on this can be found in our help article: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/765755-modifying-project-settings