Changing column Property Status (Red, Yellow, Green) when two columns dates are different

Roberto SanchezRoberto Sanchez ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions
07/13/19 Edited 12/09/19

I am in need for the status colum 1 (red, yellow, green) to automatically change when column 2 (date) is passed column 3 (date). Can this be done with a formula? 

I can do "=IF([Approved Required Delivered Date]1 < [Adjusted Delivery Date]1, "Red")", however, I am sure on how to add the other two conditions in the formula.

Thank you,

Comments

• Hi Roberto,

try this:

=IF([Date1]@row < [Date2]@row; "Red"; IF([Date1]@row = [Date2]@row; "Yellow"; IF([Date1]@row > [Date2]@row; "Green")))

Regards

Andreas

• Roberto SanchezRoberto Sanchez ✭✭✭✭✭

Andreas, I tried your recommendation; however, it is coming up with a #UNPARSEABLE message. This is what I entered:

=IF([Approved Required Delivered Date]1<[Adjusted Delivery Date]1,"Red"; IF([Approved Required Delivered Date]1>[Adjusted Delivery Date]1,"Green"; IF([Approved Required Delivered Date]1>[Adjusted Delivery Date]1, "Green")))

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/15/19

Hi Roberto,

Try this. 

=IF([Approved Required Delivered Date]1<[Adjusted Delivery Date]1,"Red", IF([Approved Required Delivered Date]1>[Adjusted Delivery Date]1,"Green",IF([Approved Required Delivered Date]1>[Adjusted Delivery Date]1, "Green")))

Did it work?

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Roberto SanchezRoberto Sanchez ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. It worked. 

• Does this mean different languages have to enter Formulars different? 

Excellent!

Happy to help!

The reason it didn't work was because you mixed commas and semicolons. It's different depending on the region. 

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

Yes, that's correct! Different regions use different characters. 

• That's a nightmare. 

What when I share a sheet to a different region? 

When you share with another region, they will see it in their format and can add/update with their format, so it's not that big of a deal.