Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Resourcing Allocations

Phil Fuchs
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I am trying to find a way to accurately reflect the resource capacity of an individual when assign multiple concurrent tasks in a single day.  I appears that if I assign for example 8 one hour tasks (effort = 1h) that the person shows up at 800% capacity for that day rather than being at 100%.  How can I make this work? Do I also need to reduce allocation as well as hours? if so, what percent do I use for 1 hour? 4h = 50%, 2h = 25%, 1h = 25/2% or12.5%

Comments

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Phil,

You only need to reduce the % Allocated for resource managment. For your example of the 8, 1 hour tasks, your allocated amount would be the 12.5 but Smartsheet rounds up so it will show 13% on your sheet but only 100% in the resource view.

Hope this helps.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

To clarify Heidi, the data is not rounded up. Each %  cell has a number of digits displayed (modified from the tool bar). The data itself is not modified.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.