Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Feature Request - Sort/filter by History

Options
Brad Jones
Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

OK, so there are many useful applications for being able to sort rows by the history of the cell. In one way this is possible if you have the 'date modified' column in your sheet, but this only shows that something in the row was modified.  If you have multiple columns, this requires you to check the cells for which changed last.  It would be handy indeed if you could do a sort by modified date for any individual column - so that you can focus on particular columns of interest to you.

Also, why not be able to search for changes made on a specific date.

While were at it, why not add the ability to filter by modified date too (for any column, not just the date modified column)

Basically making the history of each cell a useable parameter for filtering, sorting, and searching.

Comments

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi Brad-- This is a really interesting feature request that I hadn't even considered before this post. I've added your vote for this, and included a link to this post to help give our Development team a better idea of your request. Thank you for taking the time to outline this!

• David Bright
    David Bright ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a really great suggestion, and a feature that I would definitely use. In fact I have an immediate need for this exact functionality now.

This discussion has been closed.