Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Forms - Cap entries

Hello,

I am attempting to use forms to create a registration list. The problem is that the registration has a cap. My question is can I setup a form to send a message or not allow someone to use it after the cap has been reached?

Tags:

Comments

• Hi Yolanda-- We don't currently offer the ability to auto-cap Web Form entries in Smartsheet, but I've added your vote for this to our enhancement request list. Thanks for your input!

This workaround would take a little work, but  since the current limit for sheets is 5000 rows, you could subtract your cap number from this limit. Then, add text to a that number of rows, which will mean form users would only be able to submit a limited number of entries. When the 5000 row limit is reached, the form will deactivate and anyone who tries to submit the form will get a message telling them the form is no longer active.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's an interesting suggestion Kennedy.

I would have done it manually - setting a countif on Created By = webform or something like that then alerting someone right away when the limit was reached.

5000 rows is limited to 40 columns, which is likely enough but isn't there a processing hit for blank cells of this number?

Craig

• Hey Craig-- That's actually a workaround I picked up from Travis, so while I know it's currently the only way to *really* make sure submissions stop after a certain point, I'm not sure how much of a processing hit it'd be. I'd probably suggest the route you mentioned in most cases, but thought I'd put this out there as a possibility!

• Hi, can you provide me with the formula for this option and where I would pace it, please?

I am new to smartsheet and not very good at formulas yet

This discussion has been closed.