Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

External clients access to view worksheets

Options

I have created a project program which our client was able to view, however she now needs a"Log-on" & Password to be able to view my sheet.  I haven't changed any settings, so I need help to let her view the project program?

Comments

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Peter,

Did you share the sheet with your client using the share button at the bottom of the sheet? This would send the client an email with a link to your sheet. When they first try to access it, they will be prompted to set up a log on and password.

Hope this helps,

Peace!

• Peter Morrison
    Options

She had been using it for about 2 months, then the password option just appeared.

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi Peter-- It's possible that she logged in using Google or Office365--either of these authentication options will eventually expire and be renewed. It's also possible that she did create a log in and password two months ago and has just been logged in since then. Sometimes a browser upgrade or clearing your history can log you out of sites like Smartsheet. Either way, if you shared the sheet with her using the Sharing link at the bottom of the sheet, she will need to log in to Smartsheet to view the sheet. This does not require her to pay for anything or to have any kind of subscription.

If you do not want her to log in, you could publish the sheet using the Publish tab at the bottom of the sheet, however this is a little less secure, as it will allow anyone with the link to view the sheet.

• Tony Davidson - SmartSheet Certified User 2016
    edited 07/31/16
    Options

I utili the publish link with external customers as I do not want them to have access to my workspace and this works just fine.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tony, 

There is also sheet-level sharing now where you can share one sheet in the workspace with a different user or an existing shared user with a higher privilege.

Craig

• Thanks Craig!  I will definitely test that out!  Tony

This discussion has been closed.