Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Setting Non-Working Days based on Assigned to name

Options
Monikka Mann
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello, I have a rather odd question that I'm not sure if anyone else has dealt with.

We have a project with team members located at different facilities around the globe. As a result, we have different holidays associated with the various regions (EU, USA, Asia Pacific, etc) that will impact the working days available for my teammates to complete work.

Is there a way to set non-working days on an individual basis based on the teammember's name in the Assigned to column?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Monikka M. Mann

Comments

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Monikka,

Right now there is no way to set working days by resource. The working days and non-working days are set at the sheet level. Are all the resource working on the same project?  Depending on your answer and how many resources you have, you could have a sheet for each resource, link them together by task and view them as a master sheet or report. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, however this is an item that has been brought up to the Smartsheet Gods and we hope someday it will happen.

Peace!

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi Monikka-- Heidi is correct; this is something that is on our enhancement request list and I've added your vote for it!

• Monikka Mann
    Options

Thanks for the update on planned features. As we promote more globalization, I imagine that this will become more of an issue.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Monikka,

We built a holiday schedule sheet that included all of the likely countries my team (and others in the company) would be visiting based on a website like this:

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/

(I don't remember if that was the exact one we used)

Then we made that a resource enabled sheet and I went through my team person by person and assigned the holidays based on the current planning.

Then, when there was a conflict in the schedule (the little red man), it was a quick reminder that the PM needed to be aware of something.

It prevented sending an engineer to a foreign country when they were "closed", so time well spent.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.