Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Subgroup within Drop Down List

Options
Shannon Green
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Hoping someone has some tips for me. I am creating a smartsheet with a webform for our marketing department to help obtain and organize work order requests. On this web form, I have a dropdown list for the client to specify where the request is for (we have numerous hotels, retaurants, attractions, etc) so I was hoping that within the dropdown list, I could include some type of subgroup or headers instead of having that 25+ choices in one list.

Example of what I was hoping to have it look like:

Hotels:

Hotel 1

Hotel 2

Hotel 3

Restaurants:

Restaurant 1

Restaurant 2

Restaurant 3

Restaurant 4

Attractions:

Attraction 1

and so on......

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Shannon Green

Comments

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi Shannon-- We don't currently offer the ability to group dropdown list options. If you wanted to arrange the choices in your Dropdown pick list like this, you would need to manually arrange them in your desired order. If you wanted, you could include values like "Attractions:" to separate the list, but there isn't a way to create a true hierarchy in the list at this time.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/07/16
    Options

Have you considered several columns for the data collection / WebForm and one column that is the one they choose?

Craig

This discussion has been closed.