Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How to count only Green symbols in status column

Lila Carsten
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I am trying to count only the green ball symbols in my status column. I have looked around for a formula to do this and so far have some across COUNTIF(CHILDNREN) formuals. I don't have my sheet organized with children so I don't think that will work for me. I am looking for the return vaule to be a number. I have tried using =COUNTIF([Completion Symbol]:[Completion Symbol], "Green") but this formula is BLOCKED so I'm guessing it's not as simple as I was hoping. Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you!

Tags:

Comments

• Atus Bartal
    Atus Bartal ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/22/16

Hi Lila,

Your formula is perfect. The problem must be somewhere in the cells of the Completion Symbol column (there may be a wrong formula or something like that). See Help article:

Formula Error Messages

#BLOCKED

Cause: The calculation is blocked because at least one of the cells referenced by the formula has an error.

Resolution: Determine which cell referenced by this formula contains an error, which will be more descriptive of the problem.

• Thank you! There was a cell in the column that was missing parameters so once I fixed that my formula worked like a charm! Ha! Easily solution, I love it!

• what if you were trying to get this to work in a range (for a summary ex. All projects in progree which is if they have green status symbol)? I can't figure out how to construct the formula.

This discussion has been closed.