Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

The Time it Took to Perform a Particular Action

Options

Hi,

I realize the questions is quite vague, but is there any way to show/calculate (this need not necessarily be done via a Report as the word is used in Smartsheet terminology) the time it took for somebody to complete a certain action.

I,e. let's say there's a task that somebody is assigned to and they begin this task by ticking a checkbox and then complete the task by clicking another checkbox.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi Piotr-- It isn't currently possible to track this directly in Smartsheet, since we don't offer the ability to "capture time" conditionally. I've added your vote for this to our enhancement request list! 

I know some customers use our integration with Harvest to accomplish this at this time. Let me know if you run into any trouble with this, should you decide to take this route!

• Kennedy: the problem with the Harvest integration is that it is outbound from Smartsheet to Harvest.  We use Harvest to track time spent on tasks (and it does a great job of that), but would love to have the data from Harvest import into Smartsheet to populate time actually spent on tasks.  

Is there some way to do that?  Outbound doesn't really help us in calculating how much time we spent (and therefore money) on tasks/projects.  As it is, we have to manually key Actual time spent into Smartsheet cells to get that kind of information.  

I could be wrong, but I think that's what Piotr is looking for, too.  

Thanks!  

This discussion has been closed.