Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formula help...can this be done?

Options
Loann McGee
Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Column A is a date column. Column B tells us if we have scheduled Column A so it will sort into the right report.

The formula in Column B needs to state that if Column A is a date, then the value is YES; If Column A says "Not Scheduled" it is No. Otherwise, Column B will remain blank.

Can that be done?

Blessings,

Loann

Comments

• Greg Gates
    Greg Gates ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Absolutely! There's a really handy "ISDATE" formula that can help us with this (see http://help.smartsheet.com/articles/775363-using-formulas#logic):

=IF(ISDATE([Column A]1), "YES", IF([Column A]1 = "Not Scheduled", "NO", ""))

Basically, we have two steps:

1) If the value in Column A is any date, set this cell to "YES." Otherwise, go to step 2.

2) If the value in Column A is "Not Scheduled" (capitalization doesn't matter, but spelling does), then set this cell to "NO." If neither of these conditions were met, leave the cell blank.

I hope that addresses your question! Let me know if something needs to be changed.

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Perfect!! I was so close, but was missing something as I kept getting either Missing Parameter or Unparseable.

Bless you, Greg!!!

Loann

This discussion has been closed.