Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Hiding Columns

Sara Tucker
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

We have a purchased items tracker sheet for a project.  Is there a way to make the price column visible only to a couple of people and nobody else without using hide/unhide every time I need to see it or use it?

Comments

• Greg Gates
    Greg Gates ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only think of an inelegant solution here, but it should technically work. You could create a second sheet where every cell is linked to the values in your first sheet (see https://www.smartsheet.com/cell-linking if you haven't done this before) with the exception of the price column - don't include it at all.

Now that the data is separated into two separate sheets, just share whichever sheet is appropriate with the audience your working with. Your second sheet sans price column will automatically update with whatever changes you make in the original since the cells are all linked, and vice versa.

I hope that makes sense! I know it probably isn't the ideal solution, but let me know if you have any questions.

• Thank you, Greg.  We did have a second sheet, but did not have then "linked."  That would definitely save some steps.  

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Be aware that there is a limit of 5000 incoming links to a sheet.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.