Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Email trigger help

David Vogel
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I need to find a way to send an email with a smartsheet web form link that is triggerd by a date in another smartsheet. I have a smart sheet with a customer list and a date colum that indicates when they need to receive an email reminder. The dates are different for each customer. When that date is reached I need a trigger to send the web form from the other smartsheet. Has anyone succeded doing this type of opperation? Please help? Thank you!

Comments

• Hi David-- To confirm, does the sheet only contain the customer list and date column? If so, you could add a column that includes the Web Form URL in each row (using drag-fill to quickly fill them in!)  and then set up a sheet-level reminder using the customer list and the date column.

If the sheet contains data you don't want customers to see, you could link just the customer name and date columns out to another sheet to use to send the email!

• I see how that would be a work around and I will keep it in mind as a possibility. To be more precise my challenge is that I need to send a form letter with the link imbedded and it needs to have a more polished look than just a row reminder. 

Just trying to find a way that we can have it auto generated so we can build it and just let it run. I was attempting to save some man hours over the long run.

Thanks for the help.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

David,

Depending on the email client you use, Zapier may be an option.

www.zapier.com

It integrates to Smartsheet and several of the popular email clients.

Craig

• Thanks Craig! I have been using Zapier for a few other things but haven’t been able to find the perfect solution just yet. I will keep digging. I know there's an answer I just have to find the right combination. I appreciate the suggestion.

David

This discussion has been closed.