=ROUND(SUMIF

Bruce678
Bruce678
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hi 

=ROUND(SUMIF($[Pareto Category]$32:$[Pareto Category]558, Predecessors21, $[Actual (MHrs)]$32:$[Actual (MHrs)]558), 0)

The above is my formula.

It says, "IF the value in the Pareto Category column is the same as the value in the cell Predecessors21, then count all of the values in the Actual (MHrs) column".

However, I need the formula to say, "IF the value in the Pareto Category column is the same as the value in the cell Predecessors21, AND the value in a different column is the same as the value in a different cell, THEN count all of the values in the Actual (MHrs) column".

I only want to count all of the values in the Actual (MHrs) column depending on two scenarios (rather than just one scenario which I have now). 

Is this possible?

Hope that makes sense - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Bruce

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. You would use a SUMIFS. The syntax is a little different, but it does allow you to include multiple range/criteria sets.

=SUMIFS(range_to_sum, 1st_criteria_range, 1st_criteria, 2nd_criteria_range, 2nd_criteria, ............................)

• Hi Bruce! I was just searching for how to do a Pareto in Smartsheet and it appears this question is in regard to a formula that is referencing a Pareto. Did you actually create a Pareto in Smartsheet? I'm trying to build out a cumulative percentage, but I'm struggling a little. I'm worried if things within the sheet are resorted at all, it could cause an issue. I'd love any insight you have!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!