Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sights

Samantha Edgar
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I am new to Smartsheet so I apologies in advance.  I have used sights (dashboard) for a single sheet, however I can't seem to create one for multiple sheets, is this possible?  If so, I understand that sights simply pulls the information from a sheet and does not allow any calculations, however It would be great if the multiple dashboard/sight could calculate data from muliple sheets, such as sum up KPI's, is this possible?

Comments

• Hi Samantha-- Though all data in individual Sights widgets need to come from the same sheet, you can create Sights with multiple widgets, each representing a different sheet. For example, if you had three ongoing projects, you could create three Metric widgets to represent a key metric from each sheet. It isn't possible to perform calculations in Sights, but you could easily use Cell Linking to link key values to a single "Source Sheet" and direct your widgets to this sheet!

• Christian Wells
    edited 08/05/16

Hi Samantha,

I used sights in BETA, but dont have it at present....So I can not test this....

You may be able to bring your multiple sheets into a single report and then use the report to feed your sight.

Just an Idea....

Sorry if it Bombs

• Christian, you're totally right! Samantha, there's a widget called the "Report Widget" that allows you to embed a report directly within your Sight, which might be an option as well when working with multiple sheets.

This discussion has been closed.