SUMIFS with 3 conditions

Noemi K
Noemi K
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hi

I am trying to calculate the total number of worked hours within a week/ month which match 2 more criteria. At the moment I have fr the monthly formula 9 September):

=SUMIFS({003 Project Timesheets Range 2} , {003 Project Timesheets Range 1,"Noemi K", {003 Project Timesheets Range 3} , "Testing" and ({003 Project Timesheets Range 5},MONTH(@cell) = 9 }))

I would like to know how many hours has Noemi K worked on "testing" project in September. I have several people submitting data with different projects in the same sheet and i need to create some sort of time sheet/ person

I am stuck and can't seem to figure out how to add 3 criteria instead of 2.

Can anyone help me please? Is this even possible?

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Noemi,

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would add the 3rd set following the same syntax as the second and first sets.

=SUMIFS(range to sum, criteria range 1, criteria 1, criteria range 2, criteria 2, criteria range 3, criteria 3, criteria range 5, criteria 5, criteria range 6, criteria 6, ...........................................................................)

The only limit to how many range/criteria sets I have found thus far is the limit of 4,000 characters per cell. Just continue the pattern of criteria range, criteria and include everything you need.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!