Email Alerts for Multiple Rows, Individually

Glenda K.D.
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there a way or setting where I can control how email alerts are sent when multiple rows match the criteria? For a while, even if multiple rows matched the criteria, we would always get individual emails/alerts for each row. (i.e. 6 row match criteria = 6 emails). However, after the recent update, I now only get 1 email everyday with all the matching rows included in one email (i.e. 6 rows match criteria = 1 email including all of them). Our team actually prefers to receive the individual emails.

Is there a way to change this setting?

Thanks!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Glenda,

If you use a Placeholder it will force each row to send separately.

Would that work?

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Placeholders are only available when triggering the alert to send "Right Away". Sending hourly, weekly, or daily removes the placeholder capability and in turn will send multiple rows in one email if multiple rows triggered during that time period.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, good point!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Keechia Traub
    Keechia Traub ✭✭✭
    edited 04/06/23

Hello Andree,

I am having a similar problem. We use a sheet to manage all reports that are come to a variety of committees. When a person has two reports due to a particular committee, they are condensed into a single email, but we need them to receive 2 (one for each report). Below is an example of the subject line (with placeholders) and the body of the email. The other issue we encounter is if the person is receiving the single email, the subject line defaults to just have the sheet name, so they don't receive the highest level information on the subject line. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Subject: ACTION: {{Committee}} Report Reminder for {{Meeting Date}} Meeting (DUE: Two weeks from today - {{Due Date For Committee}})

This message is system-generated. If you have any questions regarding this request/reminder, please reach out to: {{Committee Support}}

In preparation for your upcoming report to {{Committee}}, please see the report template and the agenda for the {{Meeting Date}} meeting on the {{Committee}} SharePoint site (link provided below).

In an ongoing effort to improve upon Committee engagement we ask that you submit your reports two weeks in advance of the meeting. This will allow for pre-review of your report prior to the meeting. Please keep in mind that your report is due by END OF DAY on {{Due Date For Committee}} . Once the report is received, it will be reviewed and returned to you with any feedback within two days to ensure finalization prior to the reports being submitted for Committee review, which is distributed 1 week before the meeting. 

For additional information on reporting requirements, the report template and helpful hints, please see the {{Committee Reporting Requirements SP Site}} (link below).

Please email {{Committee Email}} if you have issues accessing the SharePoint site and we will verify your permissions.

Meeting Date: {{Meeting Date}}

Due Date: {{Due Date For Committee}}

Report/Topic: {{Report/Topic}}

Topic Type (note if this is a consent item, you will NOT be required to attend the meeting): {{Topic Type}}

Include in the Report: {{Include in the Report}}

Report Contacts (who received this notice): {{Report Contact(s) - Author}}; CC: {{Report Contact(s) - CC}}

PLEASE BE SURE TO SPELL OUT ALL ACRONYMS, REPORTS WILL NOT BE SENT TO THE COMMITTEE WITH ACRONYMS.